- Using your laptop in the library
- Borrowing a laptop
- Terminals for searching books
- Terminals for National Diet Library Services
Using your laptop in the library
For the purpose of your learning and research, you are welcome to use your own laptops or mobile devices in the library.
The library provides a secure WiFi service. You can access to Kobe University Network, so you can use e-journals, e-books and databases.
In order to access to Kobe University Network, you need Network ID and password for Kobe University Integrated User Management System (KUMA) issued by Information Science and Technology Center. When you have any question about this account, please check the following link.
About the account (Information Science and Technology Center) (JPN)
Wifi access service
You can use this service in each library. For details, please check the following link.
Wifi Access Service (Information Science and Technology Center)(JPN)
You can print out your files from your laptop (A4, white-and-black only). To use this printers, you need to prepare CO-OP Printer Card. Please check the following link.
k-print(Information Science and Technology Center)(JPN)
Borrowing a laptop
You can borrow a laptop in some libraries. Please ask staff at the information desk.
Service Library : General Library / Library for Intercultural Studies
- In-library use only
- After shutting down the laptop, it will be initialized automatically. Don’t forget to save your file to the external storage device.
- You cannot install any application or change configuration.
Terminals for searching books
Terminals for searching books are set in the library. In addition to Kobe University Library OPAC, CiNii Books and National Diet Library OPAC are also available on this PCs.
Please note that you can’t use websites except above, like E-Resources List, e-journals, e-book and databases.
Terminals for National Diet Library Services
This is a PC for 2 National Diet Library services:
- National Diet Library Digital Collections transmitting service to libraries
- Historical Recording Collection (REKION) Streaming Service to libraries
In details, please check the following link.
National Diet Library Digital Collections