Library for Maritime Sciences in Fukae campus serves the Graduate school / faculty of Maritime Sciences.
It was founded in 1952 as Kobe University of Mercantile Marine Library, and became “Kobe University Library for the faculty of Maritime Sciences” when Kobe University of Mercantile Marine and Kobe University was integrated on October 1, 2003.
This library was renamed “Library for Maritime Sciences” in April 2004.
There are a number of books and journals about ocean, navigation, ships and other maritime themes this rare library characterized by.
On the other hand, from April 1, 2005, it started to lend books to the public for the purpose of a social contribution.